If you are in need of some tips to learn how to use alarms in Windows 10, then you are in the right place. We’ll teach you all you need to know to make the most out of your Windows 10 alarms and calendar, to help you keep your life organized – The easy way! Read on and find out.
Why use Windows 10 alarms
Alarm clocks went out of use when we started using our smartphones as our preferred devices to wake up in the morning, or to remind us of important meetings and scheduled appointments. And it doesn’t come as a surprise. Smartphone alarms enabled us to choose different songs to play for each alarm, added a vibrate option, and are simply more convenient that regular alarm clocks.
However, soon enough laptops entered the race as the best device to wake you up and help you organize your daily planner. While it is still less common than using smartphones, there are many perks in setting alarms in your personal computer. These would include, of course, being able to program full tasks for the device to do automatically when an alarm is set off!
You can, for example, set your computer to access a website or turn on the radio or internet TV channel to keep you informed from the second you wake up. You can set it to send out emails, start different software, or do almost whatever you need – triggered by the alarm you set!
How to use alarms in Windows 10
First thing is to open your Alarms & Clock app in your device. You can search for it in the Start menu, or type/say ‘alarm’ in the Cortana box to open the app.
Once in the app window, go to the Alarms tab, in the menu above.
How to set up a new alarm
- Click/tap the New button (looks like a plus sign, ‘+’)
- Set the alarm time (hour and minute, according your device’s set time zone). You can use the up and down buttons to set the time too.
- Determine your alarm’s settings. These include:
- The name of your alarm. You can be as specific as needed to identify your alarm!
- Choose when your alarm will be set off. You can choose the days of the week, the regularity of the repetition of the alarm, and more. If you want it to sound only once, make sure the option is checked.
- Set the sound or tune for your alarm. You can choose from the drop menu provided.
- Set the snooze option from the drop menu provided.
- Press the Save button to set your new alarm.
You can activate and deactivate all your alarms by sliding the switch displayed to the right of each alarm.
How to remove an alarm in Windows 10
- Open your Alarms & Clocks app, and go to the Alarms tab.
- Click/Tab the Manage button, located right next to the New button.
- Click/Tab the Delete button (looks like a trash can).
- Click/Tab the Done button to set the changes.
Useful tips to use your alarms in Windows 10
One convenient way to use alarms in Windows 10 is with the help of Cortana. You can simply say out loud “Cortana, set an alarm at 10AM” or “Cortana, set an alarm in 45 minutes” and the system will create your alarm or reminder automatically, using the default settings. Cool!
Finally, note your notifications will only show if your device is shut down or in sleep mode, unless your device has InstantGo installed (only for Sleep mode).